Is it possible to live in constant joy and peace? That’s what I’ve been exploring for a long while now and I’ve found many interesting things along the way that I want to share with you here.
My journey got especially fuelled by these things that Jesus Christ said:
These things have I spoken unto you, that my joy might remain in you, and that your joy might be full. (John 15:11)
Peace I leave with you, my peace I give unto you: not as the world gives, give I unto you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid. (John 14:27)
Whether you are a Christian or not, I think this discovery is for everyone. I do not just explore the Bible, but I look into nature, books, movies, art and anything that brings a sense of joy to me. I believe we all can find it if we pause to dig a little bit deeper in our hearts.
What I mean by joy? A deep, peaceful gladness inside my heart that I can experience even in the midst of difficult circumstances. To me it has everything to do with being close to my Maker.
I find joy in things like hearing the rain drops fall, beholding the clouds, watching tiny flowers and creatures, painting and making things and discovering treasures in books and music.
I hope all this will inspire you to see beauty and joy in even the simplest things – so your joy may be full :)
A few other things
- I love reading, sewing, taking walks and cycling
- Currently I live in Oosterbeek (Netherlands)
- My husband is an expat from India
- I used to be a photographer as well and I have lots of old analog camera’s
- Tea is my favorite drink
- Every few months I move the furniture around in my house
- I was in art school studying graphic design for a couple of months, but dropped out because it was too much pressure and I didn’t have time to make what I wanted to anymore
- After that I studied Communications, that’s where I learned to build websites and start my own business
Life is full of surprises.